Arts integration is an active and creative way of teaching and learning in which students are engaged in interdisciplinary activities and projects that work towards learning objectives in the arts and in other core subjects. These residencies are developed with your input and aligned with Kentucky Academic Standards across the curriculum.
Arts integration residencies include:
- An initial planning meeting with an LCT teaching artist to identify learning objectives and understand your classroom needs.
- Arts integrated lesson plans designed and facilitated for your classroom by LCT teaching artists.
- Multiple in-class sessions facilitated by LCT teaching artists that use drama and theatre techniques to teach and explore core content. These sessions are tailored to meet the needs of your schedule and budget.
- Drama and theatre activities modeled in your classroom that you can continue to use in your own daily teaching practice.
Arts integration residencies developed by LCT teaching artists include:
- Dr. Chaos and the Weather Adventure: An Interactive Weather Exploration
- Brother Sun and Sister Moon: Exploring Sun/Earth/Moon Relationships
- Westward Ho! Exploring the U.S. Westward Expansion