2020-2021 Company Programs
We need your help! It’s time to speak up and speak out!
What does this moment in history mean to you? The members of LCT’s Company B program are devising a play about the state of the world as told from the perspective of Generation Z. If you are between 6th grade and college, please take some time to share your perspective about the COVID-19 pandemic and Black Lives Matter Movement with us. Thank you for sharing your voice!
Each Company will meet on Tuesdays from 6:30-8:00pm for the 2020-21 school year. Companies is an exciting acting troupe at LCT designed for young artists who are looking to give themselves a firm foundation in theatre. This group will learn about the various styles, practices, and skills needed to succeed as a professional actor or artisan. Companies was created for students who are serious about theatre and it requires a significant time commitment. Our weekly meetings will focus on the elements and skills involved with the theatrical art form. Companies curriculum is set up in units of study to be determined alongside the young artists.
We will be dividing our Companies program into three troupes that consist of 12 students each.
Tier One will be for 6th and 7th graders. – Spots remain available
Tier Two will be for 8th and 9th graders. – Filled for 2020-2021
Tier Three will consist of 10th – 12th graders. – Filled for 2020-2021
Due to Covid-19, our audition process will be done virtually.
The Companies Audition window for 6th and 7th graders open through September 25th.
STEP ONE: Prepare your 60-90 second monologue.
STEP TWO: Fill out this Online Companies Audition Form https://form.jotform.com/LCT_SM/company-audition-form
STEP THREE: Record your monologue on Flip Grid with this code: (https://flipgrid.com/e687b4ad)
When recording your monologue be sure to include:
1. Your Name
2. Your Grade
3. And title of piece
Tips for a great audition video:
· Say your full name and age at the beginning of your video.
· Stand, don’t sit.
· Please make sure your light comes from the front. Do not stand in front of a window.
· Be sure you are squarely in the frame of the video recording.
· Set the camera on a steady surface if you can (as opposed to handheld).
· If recording on a phone, set the phone horizontally rather than vertically.
· Be sure to do one movement at a time – moving too fast will make you fuzzy or the camera will not register your movement effectively.
· Don’t stand too close or too far from the camera.
· We want to see your face, upper torso, and hands.
· Listen to the video before you submit it to make sure we can hear you well.
· A strong acting performance is more important than getting every word perfect.
· Don’t feel like you must record again if you goofed up a word or two. Your overall performance is more important to us.
· Have fun!
Next Step: Sit back and wait a few days. We will announce our 2020-2021 Company Members on September 18 at 3:00pm, 2020.